Sunday, April 22, 2012

"Don't call us; We'll call you!"

So my last post was about being unemployed and the annoying third party sites that are used these days to screen potential applicants.  Well....not much has changed.  Jon is still unemployed and still getting the same old job listings from these sites.  I think he recently unsubscribed to some of them, since they had nothing new to offer. I think that would be a sign that any companies with openings aren't using them.  Of course, there was the one that had the education button to click....which sent all his info to all these schools calling our home phone hoping to get a new enrollment.  It did stop for awhile and then picked up again.  Of course, it's political season so it's hard to tell which ones are schools and which ones are political calls.  We finally got fed up with them calling because the wouldn't just leave a message and be done..they would hang up and call back another time. Of course, we didn't answer then either.  Finally, Crystal got tired of them calling so they gave the phone to Kyle. She prompted him to say "Hello" and he would....then stand there with the phone to his ear. They could hear the person on the other end asking for someone and then wait...and she would tell Kyle to say "Hello" again. This went on for a few moments until the person got frustrated and hung up.  The calls have slowed up now and Arizona and Wisconsin haven't called in a while.  Florida hasn't called much lately either. So hopefully those on the other end have passed the word along that it's pointless to call our number. They are only going to get a 2 year old who has nothing more to say to them than "Hello!"

As far as Jon's status goes...he is still looking and hoping.....he has something promising on the line, and is hoping that it will work out.  We still do not have insurance and of course, I can't get it at my place of employment; a source of extreme frustration for me...but I won't even get into that.  I do tend to get on my soap box as you can see from other postings, and well there just isn't enough room in this post or any single post for that matter for all the injustices in the world.  I know, I know....I have to remember that God is bigger than any of this...and the best time to see just how Big He is, are the times you stare at what seems like an impossible situation (for us it is) and watch God make it all work out, and not just bring you to the other side, but bring you through with style and grace!  

No comments:

Post a Comment